At Its-over.com.au we aim to be open about the way our site works to collect user data, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation)
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our membership packages
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email, job role and communication preferences);
(d) and any other information that you choose to send to us.
2. Cookie use policy
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to your web browser, which is then stored by your browser. The information is then sent back to our web server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify individual web browsers. It does not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or other personal details - simply a unique identifier relevant to you.
Accessing our free content (non members)
When you access our free content, a cookie is placed on your computer by our content management system (CMS) WordPress, which uses a session cookie. This temporary cookie is not used for tracking purposes, it's an essential, "strictly necessary" part of providing content to you through our CMS.
Accessing our member content - cookies are used to remember you are logged-in so you can download documents (members)
We use persistent cookies to enable our website to recognize you when you return to our site - this makes our site easier to use, since if you are a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum member you won't need to login each time you return to the site to access member content to download. The cookies are set when you log-in and expire two weeks after which point you will need to login again. These cookies are essential to use of our web service and as such are permitted by law.
Additional cookies served by other services
We also use other web services provided by other companies to improve the experience for users of Its-over.com.au and to help us review how we improve our service for users. The services we use are:
2. GetClicky. This is a service similar to Google Analytics that enables us to review usage statistics and also to track the path of individuals as they use the site.
3. Kampyle. This is the feedback button on the bottom right through which users can send us comments or suggestion and rate content. We use this to improve the site.
4. Facebook Social Plug-ins. We use these to share content from within Facebook in our right sidebar. Facebook may collect information about your browser also. Other social sharing icons such as Google+1 may also collect information.
How do I block cookies from these service?
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
If you want to manage privacy we recommend you install Ghostery which gives you a chance to learn more about each service it identifies on a site and block their cookies or Scripts. It gives information on how they describe themselves, a link to their privacy policies.
3. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
1. administer the website;
2. improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
3. enable your use of the services available on the website;
4. send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
5. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
6. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
7. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
8. send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
9. provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users – this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
10. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
11. Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Its-over.com.au transmits credit card information directly to PayPal.com. The credit card information is not communicated to our servers. All transactions are protected with SSL encryption. Its-over.com.au does not store credit card numbers after the transmission is complete.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
5. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5. International data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
the payment of a fee (currently fixed at $10.00); and
the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Contact TeamIt's OverLevel 13, 200 Queen StreetMelbourne, Victoria Australia 3000 Call: 1300 58 58 52