Welcome to our Community. This is a place for you to learn, communicate with others, discuss legal strategies & other issues.
Before you sign up & dive in, we have some tips to help you get the most out of your time here. Firstly, if you're a new member, you need to be signed in to access the community. Make sure you introduce yourself. Be respectful. We all have different opinions and it's okay to disagree.
Our page is public so all members can see what you post, so please don't post your personal details. Just use your first name or username on your profile.
When you start a new topic give it a title that matches what you're talking about. Keep your posts short and to the point. If you've got something to say that doesn't relate to the topic you're posting in, then just start a new one.
Remember, if you see something you don't like, report it and let us know why. All posts are monitored to make sure nothing inappropriate is posted. That means there are some posts we may choose to edit or remove. These are our no-go areas:
- Putting down or making fun of other users.
- Giving advice that's unhelpful.
- Break up rants.
- Mentioning names of particular people.
- Plugging your own business.
- Slandering another business
- And lastly, anything that could breach someone's privacy.
We ask that all members comply with the following rules when contributing to the community:
- Keep it friendly. Welcome new members, share your experiences & tips or show them how to use the website. If you are a new member, make sure to introduce yourself - our community is waiting for you.
- Be courteous and respectful. Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Stay on topic. When creating a new discussion topic, give a clear topic title and put your post in the appropriate category. When contributing to an existing discussion, try to stay 'on topic'. If something new comes up within a topic that you would like to discuss, start a new thread.
- Share your knowledge. Don't hold back in sharing your knowledge it's likely someone will find it useful or interesting. When you give information or links, provide your sources & don’t mention real names.
- Keep it safe. Remember that the forums are public places. Don't post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym as your username and that you don't post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
- Report abuse. A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse, report it to us using the ‘report post’ button on the forums.
- We maintain the right to remove posts
We need to make sure that material posted in the community is not potentially harmful. For this reason, we may edit or choose not to publish any post, avatar or display name that:
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others
- contains links
- contains swearing or offensive language
- is nonsensical and/or irrelevant
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others
- infringes the privacy of individuals or service providers
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable
- advertises products, services, events or research
- makes any reference to specific law firms, barristers and/or names individuals
- includes personal information such as full names, phone numbers, locations, postal or email addresses; or encourages the sharing of such details
- puts overt pressure on other members to respond
- makes or attempts to facilitate personal offline contact with other members
- describes or encourages violence or other activity which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others
- contains references to suicide, self-harm or sexual abuse
- is a copy of another post or contains the same, or similar, message posted multiple times elsewhere
- contains references to edits or moderation
- is more than 2,500 characters in length or submitted in multiple parts to avoid the character limit
A team of moderators have been entrusted with the ability to intervene when these Community Rules have been breached. However, due to the dynamic nature and potential volume of posts, we can't immediately read everything written therefore much of the responsibility for maintaining our friendly environment lies with you.
If any material you post breaches privacy, is defamatory in nature or breaches our community rules, we may try to contact you.
Should you wish to query a moderation decision, please get in touch with us privately via email and we will respond on the next business day.
You will be advised by email if we are unable to publish your post, or if a post has to be edited or removed from the forums because it breaches our community rules.
We take our duty of care in providing a safe environment for all forum members seriously, and this includes recognizing when a member may benefit from participating in our forums and when it may be more appropriate to seek support offline.
We reserve the right to permanently deactivate the accounts of users who breach our community rules.